Engine maintenance is key to saving yourself from a costly repair. An engine replacement can cost you thousands of dollars. However, you can keep your car’s engine running smoothly with preventative maintenance.
Owning a car isn’t easy. Your job doesn’t end at its purchase, a lot of work goes into maintaining your vehicle. Car parts need to be cleaned and replaced, your oil needs to be changed, engine maintenance every now and then is a must. If your engine is not working fine, your vehicle is going nowhere fast.
Your car’s engine is a complex machine of electrical systems, complicated mechanical systems, belts, chains and seals, and all of them run under high temperatures to keep you going down the road. This is where preventative engine maintenance comes into the picture. Engine maintenance is critical for the performance and overall life span of your car. Preventative maintenance services include performing oil changes regularly, and inspection of vital components like spark plugs, timing belts, fuel injection systems, head gaskets and ignition wires/cables. The services can go a long way towards maintaining a resilient engine.
Here are some of the advantages of engine maintenance from an auto repair Manalapan NJ service:
- Ensure a long-lasting vehicle
- Restore lost power
- Improve fuel economy
- Lower emissions
Signs of engine problems:
- Oil leaks (typically oil leaks are the result of poor maintenance, oil leaks mean the seals are deprived of lubrication and they become hardened and dry and can no longer prevent fluid loss, if left unattended, can lead to engine failure)
- Car’s ignition system not starting up (service and repair for your car’s ignition systems include the crank case, ignition wires, water pump, fuel pumps, oxygen sensors, distributor cap and rotor)
- Poor mileage
- You are experiencing stalling from your vehicle
In short, you must get in touch with a professional auto repair shop at the first sign of any complication like check engine light, knocking and squealing, poor fuel economy, warning lights on the dashboard, poor performance/loss of power, engine stalling out, hard starting, leaking fluid, car won’t start, overheating, and engine misfires.
You must watch out for the aforementioned signs if you’re wondering whether your engine needs repair. A thorough engine diagnosis service will help put your mind at ease, and get your vehicle back in tip top shape for as long and possible.
Engine maintenance typically includes the following:
- Spark plug replacement
- Spark plug wire inspection
- Thorough inspection of all engine components
- Air and fuel filter replacement where necessary
- Replacement of the timing components (common long-term maintenance)
AA Auto Repair, Towing and Locksmith offers heavy duty services:
- Engine maintenance
- Engine repair
- Engine repair and rebuild
- Engine replacement
- Timing belt
- Transmission flush
- Transmission Repair and Rebuild
- Transmission Replacement
- Cylinder block
- Cylinder head
For more information on engine maintenance and repair, and other services provided by AA Auto Repair, Towing and Locksmith contact us at 732-303-0175. We are an acclaimed car mechanic repair Freehold NJ shop. Our team of certified technicians are always happy to speak with new and returning clients. Our main goal is to make sure our clients have a safe and comfortable driving experience, which is why we leave no stone unturned in giving you the best service possible. Schedule an appointment with one of our trusted mechanics, and see how your engine is doing, ensure your engine stays in great shape for the longest possible time.
We’ve helped many customers enjoy a safe and reliable vehicle without major engine repairs simply by paying attention to:
- Oil changes
- Engine tune up
- Timing belt
- Timing chain
- Water pump
- Head gasket repair
Our certified technicians are skilled to diagnose various problems in your engine such as exhaust system, ignition system, electrical systems, fuel system and fuel injections system, loose belts or worn hoses, timing belt replacement or tune-up, sensors and computer monitoring system, oil leaks, radiator coolant leaks, cylinder block, cylinder head, head gaskets, rear main seal, valve cover gasket and valve adjustments, ignition wires and cables, and spark plugs.
Engine maintenance services AA Auto Repair, Towing and Locksmith offers:
- Check engine light
- Diesel (changing the oil & filter, changing the air filter, changing the fuel filter, bleeding the fuel system, draining the water separators, refilling the urea injection system)
- Fuel injection (for admitting fuel into an engine)
- Ignition Wires & Cables (signs of faulty ignition cables and wires are: poor gas mileage, engine misfires, engine light is on, and engine may vibrate)
- Oil, Lube, and Filter (your car needs an oil, lube, and filter change every three months)
- Spark plugs
It is always wise to choose the option of affordable engine maintenance than paying for costly engine repair or replacement.