CAR ALIGNMENT SERVICES
There are so many things that can knock your car wheels out of alignment such as potholes, curbs, road wear, and even accidents, which can result in tires wearing prematurely to poor handling. The only way to keep your vehicle on the straight and narrow is by getting an alignment check. A car’s wheel alignment should be checked every 6,000 miles / 6 months.
At AA Auto Repair, Towing and Locksmith, our certified technicians will make sure you get the most from your tire investment. We use computerized wheel alignment technology to accurately measure the camber, caster, toe and thrust angle (these angles are measured and adjusted) for better fuel economy, tire life and the overall performance of your vehicle. The main goal behind these adjustments is to reduce tire wear, ensure straight vehicle tracking and meet manufacturer’s handling specifications.
Our wheel alignment service:
As you visit us for wheel alignment service, a technician will inspect and/or adjust your vehicle’s:
- Camber, caster and toe angles (when applicable)
- Front and rear steering
- Suspension system
- Tire wear and tire condition
- Tire air pressure
- Computerized print out provided with before and after wheel alignment specifications
When should you get an alignment?
One should get a four-wheel alignment at least once a year. Other times you may need a front-end or four-wheel alignment include:
- After purchasing a set of new tires
- After a collision, accident, or hitting a large pothole
- When replacing suspension or steering parts
- Your vehicle pulls left or right when you’re driving on a straight, smooth road
- If your steering feels unstable or you feel a vibration
- If your steering feels too loose or shows signs of straying or wandering on the road
- If your tires are wearing unevenly or squealing on turns
Importance of wheel alignment for your vehicle:
- Proper wheel alignment helps your car run safely and in proper fashion.
- The main purpose of wheel alignment is to provide optimal tire wear and vehicle handling.
- Proper wheel alignments help increase fuel efficiency.
- Getting an alignment check can save you a lot of money on replacing tires due to premature treadwear.
Wheel alignments do much more than you’d think. Here are some benefits in detail:
Increase fuel efficiency– Misalignment reduces your car’s fuel efficiency, since your vehicle’s engine has to work a lot harder to propel you forward when the wheels aren’t working in tandem. Properly aligned wheels help spread the power evenly as you are driving, thus helping to conserve fuel.
Smoother ride– Misaligned tires drag, which leads to a bumpy, or vibration-filled ride (it’s harder to steer, your car drifts slightly to the right or left). Tires in alignment smoothens the ride out and contributes to a better driving experience. Your lack of control over your steering due to misaligned tires raises the likelihood of being involved in an accident.
Increase the life of your tires– Tires wear down over time and need replacing, but you can prolong the life of your tires by ensuring that your wheels are properly aligned. When the tires are aligned, and they are working together in harmony, your car doesn’t have to work as hard, ultimately causing less wear and tear on the vehicle.
Improve vehicle safety– When your wheels are in complete alignment, you have a stable control of your car on the road. Also, getting your wheels aligned will prevent larger issues that could leave you stranded in the middle of nowhere.
Fewer auto repairs– Spending a small amount of money on a wheel alignment can keep larger issues and expenses associated with it at bay. Aside from the tires, important parts of your car are affected by misaligned wheels such as brakes, suspension, differentials, transmission, etc. Misaligned wheels put strain on every other system, which means more damage, as well as more potential for costly automotive repairs.
Wheel alignment checks should be conducted at regular intervals for optimal vehicle handling, tire longevity and passenger comfort. Schedule an appointment today with a car mechanic repair Freehold provider near you to have your wheels properly aligned. Contact AA Auto Repair, Towing and Locksmith at 732-303-0175.
Our Freehold, NJ location is easily accessible to the Central NJ area for services such as tow truck services NJ, oil change services NJ, automotive repair in Freehold NJ, transmission repair Freehold NJ and so much more.